Need your feedback on trait IDE usability

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Sun Jul 18 09:15:56 UTC 2004

> Currently we are working with andrew black on a trait browser based on
> OmniBrowser,
> but we also want to have a minimal support in our old crappy system
> browser so that you are not forced to use another browser. The idea of
> traits is that you should be able to continue to develop **exactly** the
> same way as before if you do not want to see traits.  And this is
> working ;).
>
> Could you load traits from SqueakMap and have a look at the default browser
> (it does not have hyper cool features dedicated to traits) and let us know
> if the minimal provided is working: editing a traits, editing a class.
> Take care the system gets recompiled so it takes a while but save the
> image after :).

hello,

I had trouble with OmniBrowser. Traits installation failed (after all
the recompilations !) with OBMethodNode>>doesNotUnderstand: #classRef

Later on I tried again by first loading OmniBrowser 1.0a3, and it
happened the same thing.

I can't get the full stack as my image is badly hanging...

the image is a 3.8a/5976, where I had OmniBrowser 1.0a2 working fine.

Stef