[BUG][FIX] WeakKeyDictionary>>keysAndValuesDo:

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Wed Jun 16 13:40:57 UTC 2004

On Jun 15, 2004, at 11:41 PM, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> "Intuitive" means "doesn't suprise ME" and is of very limited utility
> as a criterion.

Indeed. I figure a good rule of thumb is that *nothing* about computers
is intuitive, and just avoid the word entirely.

A more complicated rule of thumb is that intuition occurs when
difficult-to-understand data is presented in a way that is easier for
the brain to process and thus becomes easier to understand. A line
graph, for example, is way easier to understand than a table of numbers
- our brains are very good at processing pictures. Discovering and
performing these changes in presentation is pretty rare, as far as I
can see.

I view anything labelled "intuitive" with extreme suspicion. It really
means "conforms to somebody's expectations," with the somebody left
unspecified.

Colin