[ENH] SMTPClientSenderBracket-nk ([er][et][sm][sl] Looks good; test attached)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Mar 22 19:13:17 UTC 2004

> > from preamble:
> >
> > "Change Set:		SMTPClientSenderBracket-nk
> > Date:			17 March 2004
> > Author:			Ned Konz
> >
> > Allows sender email addresses of the form
> >
> > 	""Someone"" <someone at somewhere>
> >
> > or
> > 	<someone at somewhere>
> >
> > as well as
> >
> > 	someone at somewhere

It would seem even better to use the existing MailAddressParser, which
does full parsing of Internet email addresses.  Here's an example usage
from MailMessage:

	recipients
		^ (Set withAll: (MailAddressParser addressesIn: self to))
			addAll: (MailAddressParser addressesIn: self cc);
			yourself

I do not have a good feel for how much parsing SMTPClient should be
doing, but if it is going to do parsing, it seems you may as well use
the full parser.  FWIW, writing a full mail-address parser is
surprisingly difficult....  you wouldn't want to start with something
"simple" and then fix case after case.

-Lex