REMINDER: Harvesting Party Monday November 1st 16:00 GMT

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Tue Nov 2 17:04:16 UTC 2004

>> I am still hoping that at some point you will change your mind, or
>> that you will add new harvesters if more are needed.

stéphane> But we cannot add them. People are harvesting or not. We
stéphane> just pay attention that when you harvest something we look
stéphane> at it and push into the unstable stream.

stéphane> I think that one the problem with the unstable stream is
stéphane> that its items were not pushed fast enough into the alpha
stéphane> image.

I meant "pushers", maybe we need to add more pushers.

stéphane> Unstable is really for making sure that we can make
stéphane> mistake.  Because you could then work in the alpha image.

Making a mistake doesn't imply going back in time. A mistake can be
fixed by going forward, even if it takes more time.

stéphane> Please continue to clean and review bug fixes because squeak
stéphane> needs that.

I simply won't be able to (time resources cannot be extended) as long
as past updates can be removed from the unstable stream. I've
explained why in length.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam