[ENH] Speed up horizontal scrollbars

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sun Apr 3 22:20:26 UTC 2005

Alright, that speeds things back up quite a bit.  I think that may be
fast enough to turn the (optional) horizontal scrollbars back on, if we
add it to 3.9alpha.  What do you think, Stephane?

Here are the test results, with the DoIt from my previous post ("UI
benchmarks..."):

3.9alpha-6606:
1-10:  6728
11-20: 11673
21-30: 17152

3.9alpha-6606 with #alwaysHideHScrollbar off:
1-10:  12562
11-20: 17818
21-30: 23245

3.9alpha-6606 with #alwaysHideHScrollbar off and Steven's
fasterHScrollbar.cs:
1-10:  7816
11-20: 13101
21-30: 18395

3.9alpha-6606 with #alwaysHideHScrollbar off and Steven's
fasterHScrollbar.cs, plus Accuny text/list/code fonts & no rounded
corners:
1-10:  6861
11-20: 7851
21-30: 4640