internal or external, that is the question

Daniel Vainsencher daniel.vainsencher at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 21:12:06 UTC 2005

Sounds to me like you're using a too restrictive version management
system. If you were using MC (which of course is not actually applicable
to C code, without some serious extension work) you would be able to:
1. each manage your own versions as you like
2. allow other people to have branched repositories of their own,
merging with the main platform maintainers at convenience.
3. If someone wants his tree to mean something different (head is
development, head is last release, head is stable but with some new
patches), they can do so with minimal work.
4. Having a lower barrier to entry, you might in a while have more
people helping out with various platforms, and you don't have to work
with them until they know enough to be useful.

So you need a distributed CVS. Arch? darcs? heck, maybe even SVN can
handle this, I don't know. Anyway, just an idea.

Daniel