[ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Wed Feb 16 12:15:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:55:11 +0100, stéphane ducasse
<ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> Democracy is not the right model for now and it was never the one in
> Squeak.

To build on a famous quote, Democracy isn't the right model for anything,
except in a context where all other tried models have failed.

The admonition against a feudal Squeak system well taken, what we have now
is a kind of benign anarchy. We're running headless, if you will, which I
think is more likely to end in people departing or splintering.

Heads can be steered. Heads can be changed. Worst case, heads can be
lopped off. But it looks to me like that's already happened with Squeak, a
long time ago.