[ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!
kamk at volny.cz
Wed Feb 16 16:13:50 UTC 2005
> Mike rewrote the complete netwrok package that you are using and he did
> a lot for the community even if this was not public.
Definetely I was not to degrade his efforts. But can we now settle on
that he is qualified responsible for socket operations? If so, then I
have these questions and I'll be glad if he answers in separate thread:
- why TelnetProtocolClient is named so when it doesn't implement RFC854?
- why HTTPClient doesn't follow ProtocolClient model?
- why HTTPClient's examples are not updated to work?
- why OldSocket and OldSimpleClientSocket were left over?
- why no unit tests were written with Socket?
> What have you been doing for the community? You are free not to reply
> but think about it.
I admit, not much. I was developing some apps with seaside, but these
projects failed. Then I refactored sockets so that OldSocket is gone. It
was quite unthankful as I met with these people's attitudes:
- why need to touch it, it was working, right?
- oh no, don't dump archaic stuff, there are examples in it.
- let it be, everything's okay, just ask mama to buy more memory.
I wish I could be more helpful but I'm starting to be sick of it all.
More information about the Squeak-dev