To Traits Or Not To Traits (Was: Re: Stefs roadmap for 3.9, time to get it nailed down)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Feb 24 11:42:57 UTC 2005

Blake <blake at kingdomrpg.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:00:19 +0100, <goran.krampe at bluefish.se> wrote:
>
> > So the question remains - is Traits plausible to maintain as a package -
> > or is it not? And also of course, if it is - would you be willing?
> > Unless this is so - then this turns into a black and white choice.
>
> I don't think Traits takes away any functionality. If one doesn't want to
> use them, one doesn't have to.
>
> Yeah, they'd =be there=. But if they give the benefits they seem to, does
> it make sense to cripple the core to satisfy those who hate them so much
> they don't want them anywhere in their image? I guess packaging them
> removes the issue but, yow, that seems like a lot of work (if it's even
> possible).

Well, these are the things I want to know :). If we can't have it as a
package - and there probably are strong arguments for not having this as
a package, I can envision it being hard to maintain that way - then we
will have to look hard at what effects it will have - for example for
those that wish to ignore it.

regards, Göran