system browser reorganize

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Thu Jan 20 17:55:58 UTC 2005

Hi, Jens,

I think what is happening is that the string representing your system
organization has gotten to be larger than 50,000 characters long, so
it's getting truncated by the default #printString mechanism:

Object>>printString
	"Answer a String whose characters are a description of the receiver.
	If you want to print without a character limit, use fullPrintString."

	^ self printStringLimitedTo: 50000

So one way to work around this in your system is simply to change
that 50000 to a larger number, say 80000, in this method, then try
reorganizing your system categories again...

Cheers,

  -- Scott

PS:  I tracked this down in a few seconds by doing a "method strings
with it" search for '...etc...'.