Reappropriating Squeak Dev :)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Thu Jul 21 17:25:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:42:38 -0700, "Simon Michael" <simon at joyful.com>
said:
> John Pierce wrote:
> > Anyone care to provide a URL in case I get the gumption to go register?
>
> http://joyful.com/squeak/SqueakLists

Nice site!  Does the site automatically poll the various lists for
activity to determine active/sleeping/dead status?  That would be cool.
:)  Ah nevermind, it looks like it's a wiki page, so I guess that means
no.

(That would be a neat app, though... a utility which you add mailing
list addresses to, so that it's subscribed to the various lists and
measures activity for you & displays them on a web page.  Something like
that probably exists out there somewhere.  Kind of like the IRC activity
page at http://meme.b9.com .)

Anyway, the various discuss.squeakfoundation.org archive links are now
out of date, since Ken moved those lists to the new server... so those
need to be updated.  See
http://discuss.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-browse for the latest
URLs.

And I wonder if a term like "semi-active" or "occasional" or something
might be better than "sleeping", which sounds a little to close to
"dead" IMO. :)  There is a big difference between the lists which only
have occasional posts (such as morphic-splitters) and those that are
truly dead with no chance of ever returning (such as sqmodules).

- Doug