[ANN] 3.8 final

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri May 20 11:01:53 UTC 2005

Hi!

"Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> goran.krampe at bluefish.se puso en su mail :
>
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I just want to say that the zip announced by Michael is not the REAL
> > final thing. :) Consider it a teaser - it was Michael's internal test
> > image.
> >
> > The real announcement and zip will come later today. So all is well,
> > even if some of us got a bit confused. :)
> >
> > regards, Göran
> Goran:
> As we have contact previously, you know how I appreciate works of all
> important members.
> I do my bit of sand of Parana with SqueakRos, help to any what wish know
> stupid tricks.
> Also I use Mantis and collaborate with Morphic Splitters team.
> And know the risk of try alpha code.
> Its for all this what I yellow each time what forecasting troubles for
> people what start clicking in Squeak.
>
> The Advocatus Diaboli is a very bad job, but how we can't hire John Dvorak
> (from MacUser days) , I take all stones and flames.
>
> Or if prefer I never complain again.

No, feel free to complain, no harm in that as long as we all keep the
tone cheerful. :)

I just wanted to alert you people that the zip-file currently in place
does NOT contain the proper released Basic image. That was all.

And I also responded to some things you wrote which I think might have
been misunderstandings - for example, that we were aiming to remove
packages from the image in the 3.8 release (which we didn't really aim
to do and haven't done).

regards, Göran