Random and unsolicited feedback on 3.9a

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Fri Nov 18 20:52:56 UTC 2005

Gang,

I'm not sure what to make of this.  It seems that I'm probably missing
something, but here is my attempt at "asking the community" including

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2002-October/045216.html

I doubt it will seriously complicate the ultimate fix, and corrects one
removeable singularity while we wait.  Do you want to include it?

Bill

I suggest you to ask what the community wants and we will include if
this is ok.

Stef

> With tongue only partly in cheek, how about this one:
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2002-October/
> 045216.html
>
> I will admit that removing the entanglement of _ with assignment is
> preferable, but having the ability to include _ anywhere but the first
> character of a selector is a huge down payment. Why is this not in
> the
> mainstream image? It would be huge help to those of us with RDB
> centric
> uses for _ in selectors.

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida