Need to do something

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 19:28:40 UTC 2005

> My idea was that the money we collect via Squeak Foundation can be
> used to improve
> Squeak in general.

That could be your idea, but that's exactly what everyone's afraid of
- it could not be someone else's idea. And if that someone else has
donated money, thinking it would be spent otherwise (like on marketing
etcetera), you get a riot.

Therefore I propose that you first define exactly what the money will
be used for, then start collecting money. That money is 'earmarked',
and you'll be sure that none of the contributors will protest against
how it is spent; and if non-contributors are going to protest,
well.... too bad for them, I'd say :)