Genie

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Sep 8 16:40:59 UTC 2005

stéphane ducasse wrote:
 > I asked nathanael to take the time to publish a new version. May be
you should contact him?

Thanks Stéphane. He was in the cc list. Strangely, so was Ned Konz, but
his address does not appear in the message that came from the list. Ned,
I don't know if you got it or not.

 >> My notes are at http://squeak.joyful.com/Genie . Status: I'm using
 >> Ned Konz's monticello version, which seems to load fine in  3.9/3.8/3.7.
 >
 > Where this version is located. On SqueakSource?

Ned's MC repo. It's linked on my notes page.

 >> You need to remove a breakpoint in the code. Gesture recognition
 >> never activates though. My vm seems to have the Genie plugin.
 >
 > Could you publish a new version

Without the breakpoint ? I will look into that if I can't entice Ned or
Nathanael who would be more effective maintainers. The details are on
the linked mantis report but it's easy to fix when it pops up.

S.J.Chun wrote:
>  I managed to install Genie into 3.9a image. Is there any tutorial like documentation on Genie?
> I simply cannot figure out what can I do with Genie/how to create new gesture(?).

Hi S.J., see the notes page I linked which leads to the (good) Genie
documentation. Look for the Genie links in the Help menu. You can create
and edit gestures, but you won't be able to get Genie to wake up and
recognize them (if you do, let us know!).