[ANN] Gjallar release "Eldrimner" 0.1

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Fri Aug 11 04:08:57 UTC 2006

goran at krampe.se wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the first public availability of Gjallar (see
> http://swiki.krampe.se/gjallar) as release "Eldrimner", modestly
> numbered 0.1, typically for daredevil developers only. The license for
> Gjallar is the new BSD license.

Excellent work. A great example that newcomers to Squeak/Seaside
(and Magma) can use. Congrats and thanks to you and the sponsors
who've open-sourced it.

I downloaded the zip file, ran some doIt's from the workspace,
and then the login appeared in the browser. (There were a few
missteps along the way, but nothing serious).

There were some odd pauses (hour glass cursor), but a little
patience and they cleared. I had to cmd-. to regain control at
one point - I think it was trying to send mail, and timing out.
I followed the method that created the sample data and eventually
figured out some userid/pwd to use. Unfortunately, that's about
all the time I have to look at it for the moment.