2006-12-06 SqF board notes

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Dec 7 05:55:39 UTC 2006

Hi Craig -

Thanks for the update. It's great to get to see a little of what the
board is talking about. One note:

Craig Latta wrote:
> 3.   How shall we make future contributors aware their submissions must
>      be made available under the terms of the MIT license?
>
>      We decided that the contribution mechanism shall present the
> contributor with a notice that contributions must be made available
> under the terms of the MIT license, and that the contributor must
> acknowledge the notice. For example, SqueakMap could present a dialog
> box with this information that the contributor may either accept or cancel.

One possibility is to make the cut at the (Monticello) repository level.
For example, the repository at

   http://hedgehog.software.umn.edu:8888/PublicContribs.html

says explicitly that "Code placed here must be made availalbe under the
Croquet license, and will be considered for inclusion in the main
distribution."

Cheers,
   - Andreas