Squeak and Seaside Stability

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Dec 20 05:42:29 UTC 2006

Ramon Leon wrote:
> Actually, that works as well, but I was using the process tab, after
> choosing view/select columns and adding handles and threads to the
> display.  This lets me see that it's Squeak eating those handles.

Ah, thanks. I didn't even know about that ;-) And after turning it on, I
can see it, too - and I'm not sure what I saw before because what
happened reminded me of the handle leak that used to be in sockets and
sure enough, the lookup code has the same problem (a missing
CloseHandle() call for the thread created).

Well, the good news is that I understand the problem and know how to fix
it. The bad news is that I currently have no definitive VMMaker version
against which to compile - I might do a cheap respin of 3.7 (e.g., a
3.7.2) with *just* that fix included.  Would this helpful for you?

Cheers,
   - Andreas