HTTP server choices?

Alan Knight knight at acm.org
Wed Jan 4 22:20:24 UTC 2006

I know you're not paying attention to settings, but I feel I should note that the VW server is set to progressively throttle connections with a default upper bound of 300 (on the assumption that it is better to serve stably than to try and handle as much as possible). So an upper bound of 270 sounds like it could be a throttling artifact. And I believe VW's file I/O is also VM blocking, so it doesn't seem like that has to be the major obstacle.

And, as an aside, I agree with Stef about the end of stream notification as an exception. It's really annoying, and I hope we will be able to get rid of it one of these days.

--
Alan Knight [|], Cincom Smalltalk Development
knight at acm.org
aknight at cincom.com
http://www.cincom.com/smalltalk

"The Static Typing Philosophy: Make it fast. Make it right. Make it run." - Niall Ross