[FIX] Re: Compiler+Decompiler together have a serious 'bad case' bug

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Jul 27 07:55:37 UTC 2006

Thank you for your continued pushs and contributions, Stef.

As discussed with Marcus at the Squeak Stammtisch in Bern, I'll have a
look at the Compiler+macros+Decompiler discrepancy. Will post whatever I
find (hopefully a bug fix, who knows :)

BTW: have you seen

- http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=4322

Character>>#storeOn: will most likely not only break Decompiler, but all
methods and procedures which aren't aware that objects like Character
space are suddenly stored as a *message send*. Try

Object readFrom: #(3 $  4) storeString readStream

to see the mess in action.

/Klaus