[ANN] LispKit on SqueakMap
lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu Jun 1 20:01:17 UTC 2006
from the SqueakMap description:
LispKit is a kit for building one's own custom Lisp implementations
it's beta !!
1) LispKernel, a minimal Lisp interpreter with
- dynamic scoping
- the fundamental special forms: let, setq, and, or, if, defun,
- a few basic functions: list, car, funcall, null ...
- catch/throw, unwind-protect
- a GUI
2) SLisp, a Lisp dialect tightly integrated with Smalltalk
by subclassing LispKernel one can implement a custom dialect of Lisp.
see SLisp for an example
LispKernel is implemented as a pure Smalltalk extension. There is no
parser nor compiler; the interpreter is the 'eval' lisp function itself.
Lisp code can be written as plain Smalltalk arrays.
- we can chase the senders of a symbol
- we can use the debugger to debug Lisp code
- we can easily implement powerful control structures
- we can integrate Lisp and Smalltalk
... see LispKernel class comments for more
More information about the Squeak-dev