Using SqueakMap on a fresh 3.8 Image for the first time -> CPU 100% for an hour

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sun Jun 4 11:55:35 UTC 2006

Milan, Ken

I no longer think the problem is network related.
I traced what SM is doing via ethereal and the last HTTP
request/response is:

	GET /SMBase-gk.84.mcz HTTP/1.0
	ACCEPT: application/octet-stream
	ACCEPT: text/html
	Host: squeak.krampe.se:80

	HTTP/1.1 200 OK
	Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 11:47:58 GMT
	Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Debian GNU/Linux)
	Last-Modified: Thu, 04 May 2006 23:56:24 GMT
	ETag: "57add-1b234-445a94a8"
	Accept-Ranges: bytes

When I interrupt the process it is always stuck on a call to

	MultiByteFileStream>>open:forWrite:

I've attached the fileOut.

As I said this happens on WinXP PRO.

Günther