Squeak Legal Entity Formation

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue Mar 7 21:46:19 UTC 2006

Hi--

	Ron writes:

 > My vote would be for setting up the Squeak Foundation as a Not for
 > Profit United States Non-Stock Corporation... I’m not sure why it
 > needs to take a considerable amount of time.

	Well, if I we decide to incorporate in the U.S., we'd have to decide in
which state to incorporate, and whether to apply for tax-exempt status
with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, and jump through those hoops.
We'd probably want to choose and hire a lawyer and an accountant.

	That sounds like a considerable amount of time (and money) to me.

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist