SqueakSource notification...

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 22:53:07 UTC 2006

Hi

I am sorry for the long delay, but your mail has not been forgotten :)

2006/3/6, Elod Kironsky <kironsky at grisoft.cz>:
> I am sorry for the multiple posting. Just another question. Why is it,
> that if a project is not public, then the RSS feed is not functioning,

Because you are not logged in and in this case non public projects are
treated as if they wouldn't exist.

> but when I search the project on the SqueakSource web and click the RSS
> feed tab, then I can see the feed?

Because in this case you are probably alread logged in.

> Is it possible to access the RSS feed
> in the case the project is not public (I mean from a RSS reader not from
> the webpage) by providing let's say the login and password for the
> projects admin/developer?

Yes, in the very latest monticello code of SqS the treatment of
requests to not public projects has changed. We now use http basic
authetification in that case. As a sideeffect this also makes static
links to not public projects possible (you will get the standard http
login dialog). We hope to be able to deploy it soon.

Cheers
Philippe