About the #logChange error in SqueakMap

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Fri Mar 31 16:22:10 UTC 2006

> > Now - one question regarding that last part: Why did you replace
> *all*
> > underscores in the source with ":=" ?!?
>
> Because we got a lot of problems with code comparisons (when you
> integrate
> code you do not want to have problems because people used Shout or
> not).

So because Shout is rude and intrusive in this respect (it is great in
its other respects and I enjoy using it), the solution is to intrude on
the "the rest of the worlds" code and make it conform to Shouts default
setting?

Personally, I set mine to left-arrow since that's my preference.  But
why is the syntax highlighter in the business of dictating a particular
assignment operator anyway?  Why not just leave it alone and whatever
the developer types is what he gets?