Resist being picked up

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Fri May 5 21:28:09 UTC 2006

Another way Bob is to type the actual text of the menu item ("resist being picked up") and press Control+e.  This offers a Methods Browser of those methods that contain that string literal, so you can see the one that handles selection of that menu item so you can see to do whatever it does to lock down your own morph.

 I admit, it is a bit more cryptic when looking at a menu toggle like that one, but not too bad.  We find Morph>>#stickinessString asks #isSticky.  Morph>>#isSticky asks its exrtension, so, on MorphExtension, you can "browse inst var defs..." of "sticky".
 This will lead you to the setter, #sticky: which, browsing senders, we find Morph>>#beSticky.

 This is an example where the TMB pays dividends..

  - Chris