[ANN] Towards a new File In / File Out format

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon May 29 21:07:05 UTC 2006

On 29 mai 06, at 23:00, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Hi stephane,
>
> the SDK is available since I think ESUG 2002 and was rarely updated
> after that.
> The latest version from the website is v4.1.4.616 from June 2004.
> Even if some
> people complain about the slow progress it is available and usable
> (on Win32).

I saw I checked.
This is a pity that it was never really announced and public. Because
this was a cool
scripting language (even if there are some points I really hate)

> I dont know how many people really played with the AOS SDK - maybe
> they
> expected (or still expect) a full commercial IDE system or a well
> maintained,
> documented open source system for all OS platforms.
> Don't know about it's future in general - it's like everywhere
> mostly a question of
> resources and time...

I like the syntax of pepsi or the one I propose and I would loved to
be able to use Squeak
that way. With Passport (did not check yet) the part of chronos so
that we could have a cool
abstraction on files.

Stef