RC2 out

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 08:19:08 UTC 2006

On 15 oct. 06, at 10:08, Andreas Raab wrote:

> stephane ducasse wrote:
>> where is the code? How can we put it in squeak if this is not
>> visible for us?
>> I thought you were the maintainer of Graphics so that you would
>> include it in there.
>
> Please do me a favor and at least have a peek at the reference I give.

I look at it but it was not on mantis and I'm on the tweak mailing-list.

> I don't do it for my own good. This bug report explains the problem.
>
>   http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=5233
>
> TTCFont and friends are in Multilingual, not Graphics. In other
> words, I can't touch them.

But if I follow your usual rant "us stupid harvesters do not
understand what are package maintainers", we
could not move anything to the graphics package either because you
are the maintainer of it.

So instead of ranting on our stupid practices, if you could admit
that a bit of communication and synchronization
are necessary in the process and that with the merge mechanism of MC
we can publish items in a package and that the
maintainer of the package can merge it back (and possibly reject the
changes) because else we are stuck.

So now concretely how do we proceed for this changes?
Because you could have done it also, published two new versions of
the packages and notify us.
I do not know who is maintaining the package multilangual. So we can
do it if the code works because we are in ReleaseCandidate
status and this is taking far too much time so we could also postpone
it to 3.10.

Stef