VM build problem: sqInt?

Jay Hardesty jayh at panix.com
Sun Sep 3 04:38:39 UTC 2006

Yes I did look through the lists. The only discussions I found regarding
vmEndianness related to configuration problems and directory structure
changes for the unix build.  I also see proposals for change to earlier
versions of the code, but as far as I know I have the latest versions,
(at least the sources and VMMaker recommended by the readme
file in the source distribution: VMMaker-tpr.37.mcz).

I've been using the nabble search facility for the squeak lists -
perhaps there is some more comprehensive one?

Also, if the latest VMMaker and C sources lack support for
ioFilenamefromStringofLengthresolveAliases, then is there some
earlier version I should check out (either of the sources, or VMMaker,
or...)?

Not trying to be lazy about this by turning to the list - have been
trying
for days to figure out how to get this to work.  Has anyone actually
built a Mac VM with any recent combination of source and VMMaker
versions?  Is there any way to know what combination most recently
worked?  If anyone has any pointers to discussions that address
these undefined's for the Mac build, then I'd be very grateful.  Or does
a build at this time require implementing missing C functions by hand
(and familiarity with the VM sources)?

Also is it the case then that checking "64 bit VM" is a no-go for Mac
builds?
I couldn't find any discussions that resolved the sqInt vs. int
declarations.

Thanks for any pointers,
Jay