What's over the horizon?

Martin Wirblat sql.mawi at t-link.de
Mon Apr 9 12:45:39 UTC 2007

Hi Stephane,

if "debugging a Tweak app is nearly impossible" it should be nearly
impossible to develop with Tweak. That makes me even more curious. I
think I don't really understand the explanation you cite here.

Has it to do with what

http://tweakproject.org/TECHNOLOGY/Whitepapers/TweakEventDebugging

describes, i.e. that the series of events that led to the initial
message in the debugger is unknown and only from there on the debugger
shows you a "hierarchical event cascade" which you can build up manually?

Is it the "causal ordering of triggered messages" of that cascade which
is described on that page too?

Is the control flow generally hard to follow because too much is done
with events? Or may the mental effort to "dive into the triggering
process" in one method and come up in another one be too high?

Or is it something else?

To all: These questions are of course not only directed to Stephane.

Regards,
Martin