OT: Dolphin smalltalk giving up

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Aug 13 13:20:27 UTC 2007

Hello Bill,

BS> robust for end users.  For example, in a deployed app, one would not use
BS> a system window; the main window would be app's shell (MDI fans will see
BS> it differently of course), and an alignment morph would likely cover the
BS> entire world, with the widgets living inside it.  I have yet to actually
BS> do this, but I can imagine that it would hide many of the IDE's
BS> annoyances.

I had to abandon this process due to time constraints, but I managed
to set the main Squeak window size from inside squeak, pilfering from
HostWindows (Areithfa ffnenestri). This should work across the main
OS's.

One of the next steps would be to remove the full screen/close handles
and the resize ability. Up to now I believe I can do this only under
Windows. Then I can use Squeak just like any other dialogue window.
And I don't care id I have to start another Squeak to get the next
dialogue.

Digging in HostWindows might even show possibilities to avoid several
Squeak instances for this.

So when you start in that direction, look into HostWindows and don't
hesitate to drop me a mail.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net