Respect for departed contributors (was: License rewrite)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Dec 8 22:59:53 UTC 2007

Jason,

I am attaching a copy of a mail from the Squeak list in 2001 giving
information on the passing of Jerry Archibald, including then-current
email addresses for two daughters. I think that if you were to play
"Sherlock Holmes" for a while and see if you could get permission for
us to retain Jerry's contributions in the Squeak image, it would be a
real service to the community and an act of respect for one of our
early contributors. I did not know Jerry, but I'm sure that he would
have been pleased to know that we still remember him and value his work.

Dave