[From the soapbox:] Traits Browser

danil osipchuk danil at mtsnet.ru
Wed Feb 21 12:04:33 UTC 2007

I tried TraitsOmniBrowser and as I recall I could not be productive with it.
However it was half-year ago  and  I will take a fresh look.
Adrian, sorry if my post sounded like a harsh complain (it was a complain
indeed), but my intent was not all that negative. I just wanted to bring up
this topic again (in a bit provocative way, I admit) and also to stress two
points:

1) There are people who care about traits and who appreciate any work in
this direction.
2) Discussions popup from time to time, in which traits benefits are
questioned basing on the fact that they are not used widely, although they
are in the image for a quite a lot of time. I would like to counter this
train of thought by telling that we can not say traits concept failed,
because nobody used them.

So, please see my post in this context. I personally believe that traits are
benefitial and I would like to apply them and to see if it is true.

Regarding the help, I would like to offer help in this case. In fact when I
miss something, I'm trying to do it silently myself. But in this case I'm
just not sure if I'm quilified - this is language infrastracture topic and
I'm more 'userland' kind of guy. But if you need help - could you please
describe what kind of help do you expect? If not me - probably other
interested could jump in.

Regards,
  Danil