Ffenestri (multiple host window support), and Mac Host Menus

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Jan 16 10:59:33 UTC 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 2:44 , tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 15-Jan-07, at 5:24 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
>

>> Dumb question: There does not seem to be a HostWindowPlugin
>> implementation
>> in platforms/unix. If such a thing existed, would it be a useful
>> thing?
>
> It would; and I can't find anything in my mailfiles to suggest that
> it has been done yet.

Has never been implemented to my knowledge. I'd *very* much like to
see this working on unix! With all major platforms supported and a
Morphic refactoring underway (which hopefully would get rid of the
global Display and Sensor access) we would get one major complaint
about Squeak's "real-world" usefulness out of the way ...

- Bert -