Maintainiable Squeak VM ports (was Re: Squeak on Handhelds (Update))

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Mar 11 19:41:40 UTC 2007

tim Rowledge wrote:
> Have people actually read the VMMaker page(s) and linked platform
> specific pages on the swiki? (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2105)

The trouble is that it's buried under a huge amount of crappy, outdated,
and generally inaccurate information. The Swiki has long ceased to
provide genuinely helpful information. I think we should move the entire
information over to SqueakVM.org and doing that by checking it into CVS
alongside the source code - in which case when you check out the source,
you also get the docs and when you modify the docs you have at least a
minor chance of knowing where to look to update it (I find it even for
myself to hard to go hunting through the wiki for the purpose of finding
all the places that refer to that outdated information).

I'll make a start by moving the Win32 relevant bits into CVS and have
them be linked to from http://squeakvm.org/win32 - others can follow if
they like to ;-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas