Towards 3.91

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 6 01:04:53 UTC 2007

> Keith:
>
> Looking to the past sometimes is good.
> But if we wish "made the future", should concentrate on 3.10 and beyond.

Dear Edgar,

I have been working on the process, the process is orthogonal to the
actual release to which it is applied.

3.10 is a moving target whereas 3.9 is an established quantity, and
after a few months in use the list of immediate needs is likely to be
well scoped and easily obtained, 3.9.1 is a simple acheivable, well
defined target to aim at, with which to test the process improvements.

I do not think that it is helpful to plan 3.11 until a) we have a
process, and b) we have a framework for specifying what is wanted. I
have plans to contribute to a) the process and b) the framework for
collaboratively specifying the future roadmap. Hopefully this little
3.9.1 project will serve as an example of how this could be done (or not).

For now I am picking 3.9.1 as a small, manageable and useful task.

Best regards

Keith