Closure Compiler in 3.9 ?

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Tue May 8 15:58:22 UTC 2007

On 8 May 2007, at 0:41, Damien Cassou wrote:

> 2007/5/8, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at free.fr>:
>> andrew use the squeak-dev image
>> everything is checked and working with 3.9

I am using the dev-image version 118.

> The NewCompiler is not installed in the image but is present in the
> Universe Browser and, is up to date and dependencies will be installed
> automatically.

What is the Universe Browser?  How do I get it?  Well, google
answered that one.  It looks like a replacement for Squeakmap (which
would explain why noone else seemed worried that squeakmap was broken
in 118.)  Seems very nice.   No package search function , though —
like the Smalltalk-80 class browser, or the old Soviet telephone
directory.

I found NewCompiler in "--System--"  Unfortunately, I get error: key
not found in McMczReader >>extractInfoFrom: a  when trying to load
this package with the Universe Browser.  (Looking for key #ancestors
in a dictionary containing only #id).   What now?

Andrew P. Black
Department of Computer Science
Portland State University
+1 503 725 2411