Balloon 3D

sig siguctua at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:56:44 UTC 2007

On 28/05/07, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> Well, seems MS marketing was successful on you. The opposite is true
> - with OpenGL you can access the full range of hardware features that
> a specific vendor puts in their cards, not only the ones that MS
> deems worthy of supporting. Using OpenGL you can program with DX10-
> like features even in XP (for example, NVIDIA's demos usually use
> OpenGL).

You are totally right on this point. Saying that OpenGL is inferior to
DirectX it's a marketing move and nothing more.
About 10 years ago i tried to implement something in 3D using directX.
it was a horror for me as for newbie. Then i tried to do same using
OpenGL and had working example app in few days.
And since then OpenGL will be always superior for me. Its simple. It
works. And works as required, regardless platform where you using it.
What else you need?