[squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] April 2008 versions

kengbrown kbrown at mac.com
Sun Apr 6 16:26:14 UTC 2008

--- In squeak at yahoogroups.com, "Damien Cassou" <damien.cassou at ...> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Ken G. Brown <kbrown at ...> wrote:
> >  It seems to me that using the Installer to load the 'Latest', and 'LatestUnstable' fixes is
a great way to get the latest fixes into the image for trying things out. Otherwise fixes
tend to get forgotten and don't ever get into the latest image. I'm thinking all the fixes
from <http://installer.pbwiki.com/> must at least be good enough to try out and exercise
to see if there are issues, before we put them into the image for good. At the moment
trying to install 'MinorFixesUnstable' results in a dialog notifying of a syntax error.

> The problem is that people are working with these images. If a patch
> is not stable, other developers won't like that. What I can do
> however, is to add a documentation in the ScriptManager. This
> documentation would contain a link which, once clicked, would load the
> patches. What do you think?
>

> --
> Damien Cassou

I think that would be a good idea. You already have a couple scripts there, you might want
to add all the stuff from <http://installer.pbwiki.com/> as optional. And tell how to see
documentation as to what all the fixes are before they get loaded.
As it is now, I am doing all that from my custom Installer script for rebuilding my desired
configuration on top of your latest dev images.

Having the latest fixes available from Script manager will go a long ways towards getting
the fixes tested more fully.

Ken G. Brown