[squeak-dev] Squeak-dev default browser

David Röthlisberger squeak at c3com.ch
Sat Apr 12 17:13:19 UTC 2008

> I still have some weird problems with 3.10 (last web-dev when loading
> last OB-Enhancement), it crashes when I open a browser (vm win32
> 3.10.5).
> I have this strange bug again: instead of having a MNU on nil, it's
> "transformed" in a MNU on SmallInteger...  It should be nul because at
> one moment, package name return nil (If I inspect in the debugger),
> but the next step is the message is sent to a smallinteger... !!!

Can you try to recompile the class definition of OBMonticelloPackageNode and maybe
also method #package of this class? If it does not work afterwards, try to add a
dummy inst var to OBMonticelloPackageNode and recompile it again (you can later on
remove this inst var).

It seems to me that when I change the name of an instance variable of a class in its
definition and in all methods using that variable, and when I then commit these
changes from a 3.9 image using Monticello, then this code  does not work in Squeak
3.10 while it's working smoothly in 3.9.

Obviously there is something messed up with the indices of the inst vars of a class
in Squeak 3.10 in such a case...
I currently have no clue why and where this problem occurs...

David