[squeak-dev] Re: +1 for the Web tool debate [was: We need new Web Team leader (Was: I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31)]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Fri Mar 14 06:08:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:38:06 +0100, Brad Fuller wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:
>> Klaus wrote:
>>  > I'd negotiate with the CMSBox people for getting a copy of their
>> Squeak
>>  > app and a migration plan, in service for the Squeak community.
>>
>>  +1. Good looking, production quality, professional support, done in
>>  Seaside - what's not to like? ;-)
>>
>>  Also (gazing in my chrystal ball here) I could well imagine trying to
>>  raise some money for letting CMSBox' designer have a go at a "more
>>  professional" presentation of the main Squeak site. What do other
>> people
>>  think?
>
> What do others think? I'll reiterate here since it might be lost in
> other threads:
> Tell me about content change, not the engine change. We can do
> everything in Seaside (I agree.) But, what isn't being provided by the
> current site that should be there.

[no offense]
- the press room is o-u-t-d-a-t-e-d
- the screenshots are o-u-t-d-a-t-e-d (UI enhancements?)
- new initiatives are m-i-s-s-i-n-g
  (example http://www.google.com/search?q=hydra+site:www.squeak.org)
  (http://www.google.com/search?q=summer+of+code+site:www.squeak.org)
- http://www.squeak.org/Download/ is w-a-y t-o-o l-a-r-g-e
- layout+design (esp. colors) could use some f-r-e-s-h ideas

These are no pressing issues, I always thought they will be addressed
sooner or later; but you asked n-o-w.