[squeak-dev] I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 17:23:30 UTC 2008

> But it should not. Because:

be static ?  yes ok, but I still can see it as highly dynamic...

>  2)Other non static example could be *something* that can give a taste of what
>  can be to interact with smalltalk code made online (of course that sand box has
>  to be an independent on the fly reconstructible image for security reasons).
>
>  The navegable source that we may have and this smalltalk code interactive online
>   sandbox will provide a glimpse of how is to interact with a smalltalk without
>   downloading it.

There are already some directions:
-WABrowser in seaside...
-Janko also plan something in this area (see Summer of Code)...
-and OB-Web is also particularly cool...

>  If we do that we demolish the download barrier and nowadays to download could be a barrier higher than we may think.

I think navigable and sand-box images should be detached from the "web
site"... so doesn't really matter how the web site is done... but
definitely a good idea :)

For the squeak site, I see two alternatives:

-Seaside/Pier
and
-Aida/Scribo

And as Janko seems motivated to invest time... I wouldn't mind, he
does it in Aida...

But maybe before choosing the tool, objectives should be clear ! And
right now It's not clear to me if people want :
(1) fresh and updated content + design, or
(2) the next gen web site...

As a start, I think (1) is enough especially if deadline is March 31 !

Cheers,

Cédrick