[squeak-dev] Re: Swazoo - LGPL or MIT?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Mar 26 00:58:23 UTC 2008

Bruce Badger wrote:
> ... so the current lack appears to be in the data available through
> the Squeak Map Package Loader which would incorrectly lead people to
> think that Swazoo was under MIT.  This needs to say the LGPL instead.

I will admit that the situation of Swazoo on SM is *extremely* confusing
at this point. The package named "Swazoo" is being marked as owned by
Janko, does not have a license in the top-level page and lists LGPL for
the individual releases. So far, so good.

However, the packages named "Swazoo-HTTP", "Swazoo-Listener", and
"Swazoo-Server" instead are listed as owned by Avi Bryant, list MIT in
the top-level page, and either "other" or no license in the individual
releases. This seems to be a complete mess.

Unfortunately, requesting that Janko change these packages is beyond his
control. You need to talk to Avi about changing that to LGPL if that's
the appropriate license because he is the only listed maintainer of
these packages.

Cheers,
   - Andreas