[squeak-dev] Re: Tracking local changes

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Aug 6 15:30:45 UTC 2009

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 06.08.2009, at 11:46, Göran Krampe wrote:
>
>> I am trying to spend my little time on DS
>
> One issue in the trunk dev model with current Monticello is that it's
> impossible to have my own local "pet" modifications, because when I
> upload a new package snapshot all my local modifications get submitted.
> How are others dealing with that? Am I right that delta streams might
> solve this problem?

When I don't have too many changes to deal with I often do this by
opening an MC change browser, reverting the methods I don't want to
commit, then commit, then install these methods again. It's a bit
awkward but works for situations where you don't have to deal with too
many changes. And it fits into the workflow (I only leave the change
browser open if I had actually reverted some methods for the commit).

Cheers,
   - Andreas