[squeak-dev] Tracking local changes

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri Aug 7 10:36:45 UTC 2009

Hi!

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 06.08.2009, at 11:46, Göran Krampe wrote:
>
>> I am trying to spend my little time on DS
>
> One issue in the trunk dev model with current Monticello is that it's
> impossible to have my own local "pet" modifications, because when I
> upload a new package snapshot all my local modifications get submitted.
> How are others dealing with that? Am I right that delta streams might
> solve this problem?

Yeah. :) Indeed one very interesting application of Deltas is a "quilt"
like system in which you would track your local changes in Deltas and
when you are about to say update the trunk you would unapply the Deltas,
update, then reapply.

Before reapplying, the Deltas should in some nice DS UI show you what
they think about reapplying them.

regards, Göran