[squeak-dev] Re: How about... something completely different?(Re: Re: On traits composition)

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Wed Dec 9 12:41:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

> But yes, interesting - distinguishing "self" from "whole" is interesting,
> although I immediately find it questionable from some undefinable "gut
> feeling". :)

imo the most enlightment fact is that the "whole" is NOT an object,
 it is not a composition, and it is not it's contents.
We have it in Smalltalk and it is not the global Smalltalk,
 as a school of fishes is not aSet of Fish instances.

Agree that we all had that kind of reflections during years...
what have we done to promote advances in that direction?

(and... more important to me)
how we measure the results of our efforts?

Ale.