[squeak-dev] Balloon3D

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Sun Jan 4 19:59:45 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 13:36 +0000, Ramiro Diaz Trepat wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was thinking of including some 3D charts on a little quantitative
> finance framework I am working on in my spare time.  I don't want to
> achieve any avant garde 3D things, something that resembles what
> spreadsheets do would be fine.
> I found the Balloon3D framework, that seems to be really fabulous.
When I asked about 3D, Karl Ramberg said he wasn't sure Balloon3D worked
in images > 3.8.  So before you go too far, you might want to check if
it works.  If it doesn't, you could either try an older image or try to
get it working with the current one.

I've been trying to use Croquet for 3D, but haven't had much luck so
far.  The problems may be specific  to my system, and almost certainly
are specific to Unix.

Ross Boylan