[squeak-dev] Mac OS X VM (Squeak 3.8.20beta1U) issue

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Jan 15 19:55:11 UTC 2009

Ok, what I'm going to do here is push out a 3.8.21 later today.

I will revert to the old behaviour, however this  will have a
info.plist flag that allows you choose the new mmap performance since
it does gain a few hundred milliseconds of time on a launch.

The new behaviour has I believe these two bugs which are show stoppers
for general release.

(a) Save image when image is on a NFS drive, does not work. VM locks
up, image file is truncated.
(b) Sporadic reports of image write failing when on local hard drive.

I will retain the new behaviour for the iPhone VM since the saving is
on the order of seconds.

--
=
=