[squeak-dev] Failing tests in Trunk (was: Closures in Trunk)

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Thu Jul 23 21:21:47 UTC 2009

Am 19.07.2009 um 08:16 schrieb Andreas Raab:
> Finally, since the updates will take quite a while, I've prepared an
> image that is up-to-date with the trunk as of today. You can
> download it from here:
>
> http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/Squeak3.10.2-trunk.zip
Thanks, Andreas!

I have downloaded the new image, loaded the code updates and then ran
the tests. On a Mac with the VM 4.1.1beta2U I get 10 failures and 22
errors. Most of the errors are BlockClosureTests and
ClosureCompilerTests. Is that to be expected or is it just me somehow?

I note that in 3.10.2 there was only 1 failure on the Mac at least,
not quite but almost green. This leads me to another question about
the New Community Development Model: Should there be a rule that no
commit to the trunk is allowed to introduce new failures or errors? I
think that rule would be good. What do others think?

Cheers,
Bernhard