[squeak-dev] use (and cleanup?) of 'flag:'ed methods

Enrico Spinielli enrico.spinielli at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 7 13:58:35 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I recently made use of flag: to mark methods I want to perfect...and
being curious I looked for
senders of it: I found 228 (with some false positive)!

In fact they seem to be either personal 'post-it's'/reminders or notes
(i.e. see #arNote) to peer
programmers (including yourself ;-) about
bogus/incomprehensible/smelling code...

What is your understanding about these 'flags' in the code?
Should we try to clean them up?
If you use flag: do you use it as a personal tool, i.e. as post-it?

Bye
--
Enrico Spinielli
"Do Androids dream of electric sheep?"— Philip K. Dick